Thursday, October 3, 2013

Co-op 28 signage made of recycled trash is almost complete!!!!!!!!!

YAY! Here are a few photos of the sign I am creating for the Co-op 28 boutique in Los Feliz.
It is nearly complete and the actual installation should be up by the end of this week! It is made entirely from found garbage, then glued onto boards with an eco friendly glue/caulking called, "Big Stretch." I purchased an electric caulking gun at Home Depot (who knew they existed?) and it saved my wrist from hours of soreness :)
There are 5 boards total - each 4 feet by 8 feet. The sign when put together is 20 feet wide by 8 feet tall. Now my neighbors don't have to look at me with a raised eyebrow anymore, as I rummage through their blue bins......I will post more photos and have a video up of the whole project soon.



No comments:

Trantler: Unity Sculpture installed in Gearhart, Oregon

The sculpture installed at the Sweet Shop Gearhart titled Trantler is based on combining two predominant elements in Gearhart: the wild elk...